I am considering purchasing the HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 for home use. So, I did a bit of research about this device. I found some useful videos I want to hang on to, so this is my online dump of these videos. If you find them useful, give the authors of theses videos a Like. They are not my work but theirs.
First, the technical details.
- Form factor chassis: MicroServer
- Drive description: (4) LFF SATA; Non-hot plug, depending on model
- Expansion slots: (1) Maximum – For detail descriptions reference the QuickSpec
- Storage controller: Smart Array B120i; Applicable to all models
- Memory, maximum: 16GB
- Memory type: DDR3 UDIMM
- Memory protection features: Unbuffered ECC
- Memory slots: 2 DIMM slots; Maximum
- Network controller: 1Gb 332i Ethernet Adapter 2 Ports per controller;
- Processor cache: 2MB L3; 3MB L3
- Processor core available: 2
- Processor family: Intel® Celeron®; Intel® Pentium®; Intel® Xeon® E3-1200v2 product family; Intel® Core™ i3
- Number of processors: 1
- Processor speed: 2.5GHz
- Infrastructure management: iLO Management Engine, HP iLO Essentials (optional), HP iLO Advanced (optional)
Now, the videos.
Overview 2 (part 1 of 7 videos):