Here are some ideas for Word bloat reduction:
- Disable change tracking and use Accept All Changes.
- Add graphics only by using Insert>Picture>From File. Avoid directly pasted graphics.
- Make sure graphics are anchored, not floating.
- Avoid content pasted from HTML files.
- View hidden text.
- Use table styles and Table AutoFormat.
- Avoid manual formatting. Use paragraph and character styles.
- Avoid inserted objects as much as you can. If you don't need to revise them, convert to WMFs or other formats.
Quoted From Dan Goldstein Techshoret Communicators Forum